Lake Cottage Hand Towels
These absorbent, touchable towels feature boucle cotton: a scrubby, textured yarn that adds body to any piece and is perfect for bathroom textiles. This pattern is full of pleasing contrasts: smooth cotton and boucle, fresh blue/greens and soft neutrals, and a gentle ripple of natural and ivory in the warp. The end result is a towel with depth of colour and texture, full of thoughtful details.
This towel also gives you an opportunity to try out some intermediate weaving skills. The birdseye threading and extended point twill treadling are a satisfying, moderate challenge. You’ll also get used to mixing different weights of cotton in the same piece, from fine 16/2 for the hems to solid 8/4 for a splash of colour.
This kit creates two 16" x 30" towels.
To use this kit you will need access to a four-shaft loom with a minimum weaving width of 18 inches. You will also need an 8 dent or a 12 dent reed.
This Kit Includes:
- Everything you need to create two hand towels
- 1 cone 16/2 cotton in Natural
- 1 cone each 8/2 cotton in Natural and Ivory
- 1 cone 8/4 cotton in Vert Pale
- 1 cone each Boucle cotton in Natural and Teal
- Weaving draft
- Step by step handout to help you to succeed.