Weaving 1: February 11-March 17, 2024 (Sundays)
Please select all options.
This workshop takes place over six consecutive Sunday afternoons from 12pm-3pm
February 11-March 17, 2024
About this Workshop:
In this six week course participants will learn how to weave on a four shaft loom. Each participant will create a weaving sampler scarf trying out a variety of four shaft patterns.
WORKSHOPS EXTRA: This 6-week workshop also includes our Learn To Weave on a Four Shaft Loom Online Course. You'll have all the information from the workshop at your fingertips when you go home!
(if you have already purchased the online course we are not able to refund you. You'll have a great head start!)
We will be covering the following techniques:
- An introduction to weaving history and theory
- How to choose fibers for warp and weft
- How to decide on an appropriate density of your cloth by choosing your sett
- How to calculate fiber needs for both warp and weft how to make a warp
- How to dress a 4 shaft loom
- How to read a weaving draft (pattern)
- How to weave several different weave structures, including plain weave, twill, zigzag twill, and basketweave
- How to remove your project from the loom
- Tips and tricks to weave well
- How to fix common problems
- How to complete your project when the cloth is off the loom.
Workshop Materials & Equipment:
- Detailed handout with workshop information provided
- All sampler materials are included for this workshop
- Participants can choose to use their own loom or use a studio loom
Experience: No experience is necessary.
Please see our policy for workshops and FAQ before purchasing.
Share this workshop with your friends and family!