What is Drop-In Weaving & Warping?
At Gather we like to provide space and looms for people to simply drop in and weave on our looms or theirs! Below we have what is available to use, and the guidelines for drop-in!
Looms & Tools you can use:
- 2 Looms to weave on a simple plain weave warp.
We supply the warp, you're welcome to purchase weft materials.
- Standing Large Warping Mill
- Warping Mill - 8 Yards
- Umbrella Swift & Cake Maker for winding skeins
Drop in guidelines:
- Drop-In is not recommended for people just learning to weave or sew.
- Instructors are available for brief troubleshooting if something goes wrong with your loom or the equipment.
- You are welcome to use our warps, but we simply ask you to provide weft materials. (The store is always open during drop-in for your convenience and studio staff can help you pick good warp materials!)
- You are welcome to use our tools and accessories while you are at the studio for drop-in. Please return everything to its proper location when you are finished, we start to clean up and return everything 30 minutes before the drop-in ends.
- Please be courteous and clean up your project before leaving the studio
When to get Tutoring vs. coming to Drop-In?
- It's a good idea to book tutoring if you're looking to get extended help on planning your next project, calculating a warp or needed threading help on a project as the studio staff also have store duties during drop-in.
- If you're bringing your own loom to get help with a project.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not send reminders when you have booked a drop-in session with us. We do not issue credits on no show drop-in sessions. You must cancel within 24 hours to receive a store credit.