4 Tuesdays Nov.8 - 29th
Time: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
*For this workshop you'll have use of the loom between your weekly classes for more weaving.
Instructor: Shannon Nelson
This workshop is for all levels, new weavers are welcome!
Weave your very own wool rug on a traditional floor loom. You will start by learning the basics of floor loom weaving and have some time to practice and get familiar with working on a loom.
Next, you'll work to design your rug and select your colours for your rug. Then, over the course of the workshop, you will weave your very own custom rug from start to finish.
On the final day, you will learn a rug finishing technique to make your edges crisp.
- The basics of 4 shaft loom operation
- How to use a rug shuttle and temple
- How to choose materials for rug weaving
- Weaving using a ‘pick and pick’ weave structure
- Weaving with two shuttles at once
- How to finish your rug edges
- How to care for your finished rug
All supplies are included:
- Studio Floor Looms are used for this workshop
- Seine Twine Cotton Warp (Looms are pre-warped for this workshop)
- 100% Canadian Wool weft yarn
- Instructional Booklet
Make sure to read the FAQs on our website that outline our workshop policy.