Doubleweave: February 9-11, 2024
Please select all options.
Friday February 9, 6pm-8pm
Saturday February 10, 10-3pm
Sunday February 11, 10-3pm
*Participants will need to have (or borrow) a 4 shaft table loom with a 10 dent reed for this workshop. Need to borrow a loom? Send us an email :)
About this Workshop:
In this workshop participants will learn the ins and outs of doubleweave on a 4 shaft loom. We will be weaving a sampler together to try out several different doubleweave styles.
The workshop will begin with an emailed PDF document with instructions on how to make a warp and dress your loom for the doubleweave sampler that we will be making in the workshop. Participants will then dress their looms prior to the first class on February 9th.
During the workshop, participants will work through an extensive sampler set from the book "Doubleweave" by Jennifer Moore. Shannon will share tips and tricks along with practical information on materials for doubleweave.
You will leave this workshop with an inspiring sampler and ready to take on your own doubleweave project!
We will be covering the following techniques:
- How to choose fibers for warp and weft
- The basics of how to read a doubleweave draft (pattern)
- How to weave several different styles of doubleweave including pick-up
- Tips and tricks to weave well
- How to fix common problems
- How to complete your project when the cloth is off the loom
Workshop Materials & Equipment:
Included in your workshop:
- Detailed handout with workshop information
- Cotton yarns in a variety of colours for weft
Participants will need to supply:
- Participants will need to have (or borrow) a 4 shaft table loom for this workshop.
- Participants will need 2 cones of 8/2 cotton to make a warp for this project.
Weavers must have taken a Weaving 1 course before taking this workshop. You will be required to warp your own loom for this workshop.
Please see our policy for workshops and FAQ before purchasing.
Share this workshop with your friends and family!