Weave a Parkland Throw: September 22-24, 2023
Please select all options.
Special Note: This workshop has limited space due to our Parkland Blanket Wool being produced yearly!
Instructor: Shannon Nelson / Kim McCollum
Dates: This workshop takes place over a full weekend.
Friday, September 22, 2023, 5:30PM - 8:00PM
Saturday, September 23, 2023, 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Sunday, September 24, 2023, 10:00AM - 4:00PM
About this Workshop:
In one weekend you will weave a throw blanket using our Parkland Blanket Wool. The raw materials and finished wool have never left Alberta. This is the perfect project to show off on your couch or give as an extra special holiday or wedding gift.
You have the option of two different warp styles including a naturally dyed large striped warp and an ombre striped grey-scale warp. For weft you can choose from our selection of greyscale and dyed Parkland wool. The looms are set up for you and ready to weave.
We will be covering the following:
- An introduction to Parkland Blanket Wool and why we care about local wool production
- What to look for when choosing wool
- Weaving with wool
- Tips for setting up your loom to weave wool
- Weaving a plain weave or twill with wool
- Finishing your throw with fringe or blanket stitching
- Wet finishing your throw
Workshop Materials & Equipment:
- Detailed handout of Our Complete Guide To Parkland Wool including 3 Throw Patterns!
- All throw materials are provided ($380 wool value)
- Use of Studio Floor Looms
- Scouring agent for wet finishing
- Tapestry needles for finishing and repairs
- Additional Parkland Blanket Wool for future mending or repairs if needed
Experience: No experience is necessary this is a fantastic beginner workshop!
Make sure to read the FAQs on our website that outline our workshop policy.
Share this workshop with your friends and family!