Learn to Weave on a Four Shaft Loom: Jan. 22 - Feb. 19, 2023
This workshop takes place over five consecutive Sundays evenings from 1:00PM-4:00PM
January 22nd - February 19th, 2023
About this Workshop:
In this five week course participants will learn how to weave on a four shaft loom. Each participant will create a weaving sampler and a full scarf trying out a variety of four shaft patterns.
WORKSHOPS EXTRA: This 5-week workshop also includes our Learn To Weave on a Four Shaft Loom Online Course. You'll have all the information from the workshop at your fingertips when you go home!
We will be covering the following techniques:
- An introduction to weaving history and theory
- How to choose fibers for warp and weft
- How to decide on an appropriate density of your cloth by choosing your sett
- How to calculate fiber needs for both warp and weft how to make a warp
- How to dress a 4 shaft loom
- How to read a weaving draft (pattern)
- How to weave several different weave structures, including plain weave, twill, zigzag twill, and basketweave
- How to remove your project from the loom
- Tips and tricks to weave well
- How to fix common problems
- How to complete your project when the cloth is off the loom.
Workshop Materials & Equipment:
- Detailed handout with workshop information provided
- All sampler materials are included for this workshop
- Participants can choose to use their own loom or use a studio loom
Experience: No experience is necessary.
Please see our policy for workshops and FAQ before purchasing.
Share this workshop with your friends and family!
Please select all options.